Pinoy Pride 31: Donnie Nietes to face Francisco Rodriguez Jr. on July 2015

Donnie Nietes will face the Mexican fighter Francisco Rodriguez Jr. for the WBO World light flyweight title on July 11, 2015 at Cebu City Waterfront Hotel & Casino, Barangay Lahug, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines.


Tale of the Tape
Donnie NietesvsFrancisco Rodriguez Jr
AhasAliasChihuas / Titanium
33Age21
5'3Height5′4
33W(21KO)-1L-4DRecord17W(11KO)-2L-1D
2nd in the worldRating4th in the world
OrthodoxStanceOrthodox
PhilippinesCountryMexico
60%Chance to Win40%

Donnie Nietes is a 33 year old Filipino boxing star in the Philippines. He defended his title 13 times. Currently Nietes is a WBO World light flyweight champion, he i ranked no.1 in the Philippines and ranked no.2 in the world. A great technichal fighter, with a great timing and also has a strong chin. Nietes is the longest reigning world champion in the Philippines.

Francisco Rodriguez Jr. of Mexico is not a joke. He is a 21 year old former IBF and WBO world minimum weight Champion. He is known for defeating Merlitto Sabillo in 2014. Francisco Rodriguez Jr. is move up in weight and try to win his next division world championship fight. The Mexican fighter last seen winnning the fight against Jomar Fajardo of the Philippines via UD.

In the undercard match we will see the biggest fight of Mark Magsayo facing Rafael Reyes of Mexico for vacant IBF Youth featherweight title.